Let the Magic Begin
When Are the Parks and Resorts Opening to Visitors?
- Disney Springs – Currently Opening in Phases
- Disney World Resort – Opening starting July 11th
- Universal Studios – Opening Starting June 5th
Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be opening to the public starting on July 11th, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios and EPCOT will begin to reopen on July 15th.
Universal Studios will be open to the public starting June 5th, and will follow many of the same operational procedures as Disney.
A New Park Experience
New safety features will include the following:
- Reduced capacity in the parks
- Mandatory face coverings for both guests and employees
- Temperature checks at entrances
- No fireworks, playgrounds, makeup experiences, or character meet & greets until further notice
In addition, not all experiences will be returning to the parks right away. Events in the parks that typically draw large crowds together, like nighttime spectaculars and parades, are currently suspended until further notice. Some higher risk activities like makeovers, playgrounds, and character meet & greets will also not return until later on, but plenty of characters will be out and about in the parks to create magic for guests in other ways.
Universal Studios will be taking many of the same steps to promote health and safety within their parks. Like Disney, they’ll be opening at reduced capacity, and will also require face masks for all team members and guests, with temperature checks at each entrance.
New Reservation System for Walt Disney World Resort
- New reservations for tickets and hotel bookings are currently unavailable, as Disney is focusing on guests who are already booked
- New reservations system will require advanced reservations for entering the park
- Hotel reservations are still available at Four Seasons Orlando, Waldorf Astoria Orlando, and Ritz-Carlton Orlando
- More details will be released on this later
Of course, our wonderful partner properties such as the Four Seasons Orlando, the Waldorf Astoria Orlando, and the Ritz-Carlton Orlando are still open for bookings at any time. If you would like to inquire about a reservation at one of these properties, please feel free to reach out at any time and we would love to assist.
Booking Your Next Stay
- Disney resort hotels will begin reopening on July 22nd
- Four Seasons, Waldorf Astoria, and Ritz-Carlton will reopen on July 1st
- The team at Katie Bean Travels can assist you in picking out the perfect accommodations for your next stay
Whether the Disney resorts are your home-away-from-home or you prefer one of the off-property luxury properties, our team at Katie Bean Travels is here to help you find your home-away-from-home. We know each property like the back of our hand and are here to help you find the perfect match. Through years of experience, we’ve cultivated amazing relationships with some of the best resorts in town, and will do everything in our power to make sure that your first stay back at Walt Disney World is the most magical experience possible.
As a reminder, when you book certain resorts through Katie Bean Travels, you may even be eligible for special amenities such as early check-in and late check out, room upgrades, resort credits, and more.
One thing that we can all probably agree on right now is that we all deserve a vacation. With the uncertainty of international and even nationwide travel this year, more and more families are planning smaller getaways. Take this summer as an opportunity to...
After months of anxiously waiting, we are beyond thrilled to announce that 2021 bookings are now available at Walt Disney World! With all of the parks opening up within the next week, we're starting to see magic return to Orlando, and we can't wait to get back...
Whether you’re swimming at the Four Seasons’s 5-acre waterpark, embarking on a nighttime Safari at Animal Kingdom Lodge, or dining with the princesses at the Grand Floridian, the resorts in Orlando are often one of the highlights of the trip...